Hi Sixth Class,
Please see below your work for next week (16th-20th March.) I will update the blog next Friday with your work for the following week. Please also ensure that you completed last night’s homework (p.86-87 of your Discovery Book) to revise Area.
All work is compulsory except for the work in bold marked optional.
- Continue reading your novel, however there’s no need to get your reading diary signed.
- Continue on with Mental Maths (week 18), Tables Champion (week 20), Spell Well (week 23) and Fuaimeanna agus Focail (week 20) every day. http://www.potafocal.com is a good website to use to translate your Irish spellings.
- Complete the first two pages of the Maths worksheets I sent home during the week. Optional: Complete the blue ‘Work it Out’ box on p. 154 of the Operation Maths Pupils’ Book in your Maths Journal.
- Complete Reading Zone Unit 5: The Kiwi’s Gift (p.22-26) and answer parts A-E in the ‘reading’ section of your English journal. Optional: Complete parts F & G as well.
- Complete Map Skills Chapter 12: North America – Countries and Cities (p.47-48.) Optional: Complete p.49 as well.
If you are looking for something extra to do, here is a link to some really great websites where you can play games, read books, make art, write stories, watch videos, learn computer programming, and so much more: https://whitechurchns.wixsite.com/whitechurchns/links.
And remember, the website www.washyourlyrics.com should make the next few weeks of hand washing more enjoyable! Just put in the title and artist of a song you like, click ‘generate’ and then click ‘download poster’.
Looking forward to seeing you all when we’re back to school!
P.S. Take a look at this lovely blog post that Ms. Deacon put up about your paired reading with Junior Infants on World Book Day ☺️https://juniorinfantswns.wordpress.com/2020/03/06/world-book-day/